Monday, July 26, 2021

Am I blue?


Am I blue? Why, yes, I am, thank you, but that's only because I'm sipping some new Blue Mango Iced Tea courtesy of some samples I recently received from Adagio Teas!


When I saw that the pouch contained just six tea bags, I thought hmm, those must be some big tea bags!

And indeed they are! At about six inches wide, these are definitely the largest loose leaf tea bags I've ever come across!


The package said to cold-brew the tea in the refrigerator overnight (a favorite way to make tea in Georgia's hot, humid summers), and soon, my husband said, "What's that blue tea in the fridge?" I explained that it was the Blue Mango Iced Tea, and when I read the ingredients, it's actually got a lot more than just mango. This blend contains Lemon Grass, Butterfly Pea Flower, Chamomile Flowers, Rose Hips, Natural Mango Flavor, Marigold Flowers, Mango Pieces & Lychee Flavor.


It's an intriguing (and enjoyable) taste, and it's certainly not like any other herbal iced tea blend I've tried. I definitely taste the lemongrass and some light floral notes (from the rose hips, maybe), but it also reminds me faintly of some sort of fruit punch. It's quite refreshing on these hot afternoons we've been having, and I am so pleased to have been able to try this new blend. It's here if you'd like to check it out for yourself!

6 comments:

  1. That tea is certainly pretty and sounds delicious! And I LOVE your pretty pitcher and glass. Anything would taste better out of something so lovely. I found some watermelon herbal tea at Ingles the other day and plan to make up a pitcher tonight. Will let you know how it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds intriguing and refreshing for sure.
    I thought there must be butterfly flowers in it with the blue tint. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your flower pitcher! Refreshing sounds perfect to me. Not sure about the color too much???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I DO like your rose-covered pitcher and glass! But since I don't like mango, I won't be trying that tea. And I must admit, the color doesn't look very appealing to me. But I'm glad YOU liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tea sounds interesting. Love the floral pitcher and glass. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow - how fascinating!!! I love the gorgeous vintage pitcher you used, too.
    Thank you for the recommendation. It has surely been unbearably hot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!