Friday, July 16, 2021

Black Tea & Blackberry Lip Balm from Jack Black


The peach tea lip balm I'd had on my desk somehow disappeared (I'm thinking it was the victim of an over zealous decluttering effort), so I looked on Amazon to see if something similar was available. One of the first items I came across was this Jack Black lip balm I'd been seeing for a while, so I ordered it.

It's got skin protectant and SPF 25 sunscreen, so I decided this would be a good lip balm to apply before my daily walk on these hot, humid afternoons here in Georgia. When mine arrived, I learned that the lip balm has a pleasant texture and flavor, and it's a nice change from the other variety I had been using, which was good but a tad on the runny side.

And it does indeed contain green tea leaf extract, so I add bonus points for that. But imagine my surprise upon learning that Jack Black is a line of luxury cosmetics for … men! I guess this is the first time I've accidentally ordered something designed for men before!  I still like this lip balm, though, and according to the reviews, I'm not the only woman who's using it. Maybe they could call it Jill Black?

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a nice lip balm. That's funny that it's from a line of cosmetics meant for men! That wouldn't stop me from wearing it if I liked it. I often buy shirts meant for adolescent boys, so I would have no problem using a men's lip balm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as you like it, don’t worry about it being marketed to men or women.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!