Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Tetley's new British Blends


When I went to Ingles on Friday, I needed to dash down the coffee-and-tea aisle to get to something else, and since I didn't need any tea, I wasn't even looking at those shelves, but I *was* apparently looking at the floor and literally stopped in my tracks. Well-played, Tetley, well-played!


I'd been seeing a few ads for these Tetley British Blends, and I couldn't help smiling at the thought of Tetley cleverly capturing my attention by putting an in-store advertisement on the floor. It worked, and can you guess which of these four blends went home with me? As I stood there making my selection, I realized that I very much have a psychology behind my tea buying, and that struck me as amusing. Can you guess which one of these I bought? Was it A) Duchess Balmoral (sweet and creamy vanilla flavored black tea) B) Lord Kensington (strong and full bodied black tea) C) Lady Clarence (smooth and well rounded English Breakfast black tea) or D) Earl Grey (fresh and zesty flavored black tea)? If you're the first one to guess correctly, I'll send you a card with a couple of these tea bags to try for yourself!


And I loved the tea, by the way, as it was even better than I'd expected! I'll tell you which tea it was on Friday!

14 comments:

  1. I love all the pictures! I saw your Facebook post but had to hurry over hear to see the rest of the pictures. I'd guess you'd pick A, but only because I'd have tried that one first. It just sounds a little more unusual than the others. Although, since I'm a fan of Earl Grey, I would probably have bought that one, too. I will be interested to see which one you chose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that should be "over here", not "hear" - autocorrect strikes again!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the tip! I have to find A!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute packaging! I'll guess Earl Grey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm choosing "B"..not sure if it's your favorite, but it's the one I would choose for myself. ;>)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can only say what marvelous self-control you have if you only came home with one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do really like the amusing illustrations on those boxes of tea! The Lady Clarence pheasant is my favorite design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’ll guess Earl Grey. I often use Earl Grey to “test” a new tea brand.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you picked -D- Earl Grey.
    All the blends sound good. I will have to look for them at my grocers.
    Laura L.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I pick C. I like a breakfast tea.
    What unique packaging.
    Sand1948 at Gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!