Wednesday, March 10, 2021

ChapStick Total Hydration Peach Tea Lip Oil

I can never walk past a new ChapStick display without checking it out, and when I was at the grocery store earlier this week, this Peach Tea Lip Oil caught my eye.

Peach Tea? Well, I happen to be almost out of my David's Tea mango-flavored lip balm, a favorite, so for $4.49, this product seemed like something I should try. 

I glanced at the ingredients there in the store but didn't see camellia sinensis listed. Once I got home, I realized nothing with peach is listed either. "Flavor," maybe? So I'm just puzzled by this "Peach Tea" name. The lip oil tastes vaguely like peach-flavored lip balm, so that's a plus.

This lip oil squeezes out of a tube and reminds me very much of the rollerball-style lip gloss that dribbled from my (and every other teenage girl's) lips back in the seventies. It's a little thicker but not quite as gloppy. I do like how it feels on my lips, so I'm keeping this at my desk for use at home. Have any of you tried this product? It's just such a departure from the classic ChapStick I've always used that I'm curious to know what others think of it!

3 comments:

  1. Well, it's disappointing that there is no actual tea in a product with "Tea" in the name!
    I might try it anyway, I do use chapstick every night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO, I haven't tried that Chapstick, as I haven't see it, but it does sound interesting. I suppose the people at Chapstick are always trying to come up with some appealing new flavors to tempt customers into buying their products, and "peach tea" must have sounded like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve not seen this style of chapstick before. I received Cheerwine lip balm for Christmas and have been enjoying it recently.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!