Monday, August 31, 2020

Lipton Tea + Probiotic to "Glow From Within"

I'm not usually drawn to "ground tea" products that make health claims, but I happened to spot a new product at Kroger the other evening that caught my attention, Lipton's "Tea + Probiotic" line. Actually, what caught my attention was the price—$5.99 for twelve "sachets"—which seemed a bit pricey when I thought it was just powdered tea packets. But this one says it has "probiotics and collagen supporting Vitamin C for a delicious and convenient way to add more probiotics to your day!" This one was a blend of hibiscus, mate, and Goji berry, so I thought I'd give it a try.

The box says to mix one packet with twelve ounces of cold water, then shake or stir. The box notes, "Some sediment at the bottom of your cup is expected," but I found that it blended quite well.

I prepared mine in this favorite old "TEA" glass.

And while I expected something that tasted tart and perhaps a little bitter, this was a light, fruity drink, more like flavored water than tea, but I really enjoyed it! So I'm going to follow their advice and drink two cups a day for a while and see what happens. This "Glow" blend was the only blend I saw at the grocery store, but when I looked online, other blends are titled "Soothe Your Tummy," "Cleanse," and "Immune Support." I generally prefer loose tea that's simply a pleasurable beverage, but I'm certainly not opposed to drinking tea for its health benefits too. Have any of you spotted these blends in the stores where you live?

3 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy, and probiotics are good this day and time, so I'll have to see if our WalMart carries this. It's the only grocery store around here that does "shop online, drive up to pick up" so it's where I'm shopping right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tea is pretty, anyway! I'm glad you found that it tasted better than you expected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It actually sounds refreshing. I don't generally walk down the tea and coffee aisle at the market, so haven't looked.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!