Monday, August 24, 2020

A tea trolley taste of fall

Are you all as ready for fall as I am? I spotted my first yellow leaves on a flowering cherry tree in our front yard last week, and I wanted to cheer. That's always one of the first signs that fall is on the way. That got me to thinking about fall decor, and I decided to add a few "pre-fall" touches to the tea trolley in hopes it will speed things up. And yes, I'm ridiculously proud that my avocado plant is still alive!

Something about the yellow and gold in this rose design teapot makes me think of fall.

And I don't have very many fall-toned teacups at all, so I gathered some in peach, burgundy, and wine colors and plopped them on the teacup stand. I think they'll work until I (slowly) gather some fall-themed teacups. The pretty lace coasters, a gift from a blog reader friend years ago, tie them all together, I think.

My grapevine wreath teapot is a favorite piece I always pull out each fall.

And this taupe-colored filet crochet doily was another gift from a blog reader some years ago. I still love it!

Finally, the message on this (store-bought) greeting card, which I liked so much that I framed it, is a great reminder. It's interesting to me that just before the pandemic hit, in February, I started recording in my bullet journal each day a single blessing. I'd never been very good about keeping current with a gratitude journal, but one line a day? I can do that. Some days, I'm aware of so many blessings from the Lord that I have a hard time deciding on just one to write down, and that's a blessing, too, isn't it?

6 comments:

  1. Your pre-autumn tea trolley is quite lovely! All the pieces tie it together so nicely. And congratulations on the continued survival of your avocado plant.
    I am grateful for any reminder that Fall is just around the corner! I'm more than ready for the arrival of Autumn. One little sign that I have noticed of the approaching end of summer is that the crickets are starting to sing. We still have our cicada serenades every day, but when I hear crickets, too, that tells me that Fall is coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not quite ready for autumn, but enjoying some cooler evenings and mornings and thinking about picking up a pumpkin or two. Love your idea of just a bullet journal. I am so sporadic on journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a grapevine teapot just like yours, and I love it. I keep it out all the time with teabags in it next to my electric teapot.
    You have some of the prettiest things!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. I want to do a gratitude journal too. Thanks for the motivation! 😃

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pre fall trolly looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in "pre-fall" decorating mode, too - and your tea trolley looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!