Wednesday, August 26, 2020

"Edwardian Cooking: The Unofficial Downton Abbey Cookbook" by Larry Edwards

I do love a bargain, so when my friend Joy emailed to say that Edwardian Cooking: The Unofficial Downton Abbey Cookbook by Larry Edwards was currently *free* on Kindle, I grabbed it. And I checked last night to be sure, and it was STILL free for Kindle, so if any of you don't have this one, please check it out!

Like me, you've probably read that during the pandemic, home cooking has soared. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why that is, and I think it's actually a plus from this whole thing!

Edwards has an entertaining writing style, and the recipes include lots of things that caught my eye: King Edward Coronation Toffee Shortbread, Grantham Family Crumpets, Estate Oat Bread, and Lobster Pudding, for instance. So if you haven't downloaded your free copy, please check it out. (And as a fellow writer, I always like to remind folks to please leave a review after you're done and make an author's day!)

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got it and have shared the info! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like an interesting book. Although I am not a "Downton Abbey" watcher, I do like historical cookbooks. What REALLY caught my eye was that silver butter dish with the little cow on top on the book's cover. How have I ever managed to live without having one of those on my table?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I just downloaded it. Here is the link if anyone needs it.

    Edwardian Cooking: The Unofficial Downton Abbey Cookbook https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I2G6XNW/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_II6rFb607ARPQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And just a note for everyone to please be sure that it is *still* free before you click it and download! (Thanks for sharing this, Heather!)

      Delete
  4. No Kindle, but it looks like a good one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!