Friday, August 21, 2020

Stamping teapots … and teapots … and teapots …

I really ought to pay more attention to the descriptions on eBay. I ordered a tea-themed rubber stamp on there recently because it was just a few dollars and featured a design I didn't have (a retired one from 1996).

And the stamped design ended up being 5-1/2 inches wide, which is a lot wider than I'd expected.

So I just started stamping and coloring. The design will fit on large cards, and I think if I cut these into narrow strips, they would fit around a jewelry box as a cute decorative "band" the next time I'm giving someone a jewelry gift. I ended up doing most of the rows in a single-color palette, mainly because coloring is what I do when I'm watching a Zoom conference or webinar these days. Oddly enough, I get distracted and don't pay attention unless I have something to do with my hands. Meanwhile, if you have any creative ideas for what to do with 5-1/2-inch wide strips of teapots, please share!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, those are darling. You could easily mask off parts of them (I use sticky notes for that) if you wanted to stamp smaller sections, such as the 3 on the right or the two on the left - or the 3 in the middle, even, Your coloring is excellent, and I understand the need to have something doing when watching webinars - I tend to fall asleep otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, Joy! I was actually wishing I could chop the stamp up to get those smaller parts, but I see what you mean about how masking could work. I haven't tried that but have already seen videos about using the PostIts for that, so guess what I'll be doing this weekend? ;)

      Delete
  2. Your coloring really makes those teapots come to life!
    And that's a good idea to color while you're on Zoom conferences. It IS hard to keep one's focus during them. If you're coloring, you can look like you're taking notes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love seeing how you have colored them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!