Friday, August 7, 2020

A test taster in 3D

I just love coming across new stereographic images on the Library of Congress website, and this may be one of my favorites yet! It's captioned "Inspecting and Tasting Tea, Japan,"and is circa 1926.

Here's a closeup of the single image. It makes me wonder what that room must have smelled like with all those tea leaves sitting there and ready for the tasting. The men all look quite serious. The LOC caption says the photo shows four men, and it took me a while to find four. Do you see them?

Here's a link to the original on the Library of Congress website, and if you're trying to view this in 3D, as I did, it may give you the best results. Once I stared at the middle for a while and finally got the right focus, I found this one of the best stereographic views yet. I hope you enjoy it too!

3 comments:

  1. I found all 4 but the 3rd one is quite well hidden, isn't he? Yes, I expect that room smelled amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I can imagine the grassy tea-scent in that room! I did find the 4th man, thanks to your hint that he did exist. I still didn't quite get the 3-D effect, but I came closer this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of current tasting room scenes I see on FB. I don't think things have change much over the years for the grower/producers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!