Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Tea and … scandal?

Many of you know by now that I love discovering more of these old tea-related stereoscopic images found on the Library of Congress website. When I stared at this 1874 image long enough, I was surprised by how dimensional the rug (animal fur, perhaps?) seemed to look. You'll note that the caption says "Tea and Seandal," but I'm guessing that's a typo and should have been "scandal."

And here's a close-up view of the little girl in her "Thinker" pose. What do you think she's thinking?

6 comments:

  1. Not sure what she's thinking, but it's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an amusing photo! The little girl is thinking, "I was hoping that my friend would have some good gossip for me at tea-time today, but alas, she has nothing."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun photo! She looks like Cinderella on a tea break. Maybe thinking about her prince!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder what was the scandal?

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is thinking "what havoc can I cause today". Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Messy...I think her doll had something in her tea too. Lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!