Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Some new hair care products with tea

When it comes to shampoo and conditioner, I'm not particularly brand loyal, and I enjoy mixing it up. My newest finds: this shampoo and conditioner with sunflower and red tea extracts from Mirra. I have to tell you that the name was a bit confusing to me at first. Mirrq? Mirrg? What did it say? I looked on the back and saw it was called "Mirra." Then it struck me that the bottom line of the logo was supposed to be a reflection of the word Mirra. (I'm curious: Did you read it "Mirra" or something else to begin with?)

At any rate, once I got past the design issues, I took off the cap to sniff, and the nice, fruity scent passed the sniff test, so these two products for color treated hair (which mine is) hopped into my grocery cart. They were on sale for $3.98 each at Kroger last week.

Now when I think of "red tea" I actually think of rooibos, or bush tea, but the ingredients here include "camellia sinensis leaf extract," which comes from the tea plant, not from rooibos. Our "black tea" is known as "red tea" in China and Japan, so perhaps that's what the makers are referring to. But enough of that! Both the shampoo and conditioner were rich and thick, and a thick texture and a nice scent are pretty much my only must-haves in shampoo and conditioner, so these pass the test—and with the goodness of tea in them as well!

3 comments:

  1. I immediately read it as "mirra," but probably because "Daily" was written also. I thought of the "Daily Mail" and "Mirror," two British celebrity gossip papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I have said this before, but I always astounded by all the things you find while out shopping that are tea related. Just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You find the neatest things. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!