Thursday, August 2, 2007

A Rosy Tea Breakfast


In the mood for a more leisurely than usual breakfast today, I made some wheat toast topped with my highly-prized Rose Tea Jelly (from marmaladys.com), and with it I had Green Cherry Rose Tea from Magnolia and Ivy (magnoliaivy.com). Because the rose flavor in both the jelly and the tea is so subtle, this pairing worked really well and wasn't overpowering at all.

The tea and toast set it's on was a gift from one of my dear tea friends, Sandra, and is that vintage German ware I'm so fond of. I don't know why, but the old German pieces have roses that are particularly large and lush and lovely. This cup and plate are rimmed with the perfect celadon green color and a pearlescent glaze I've rarely seen on such pieces. A favorite set for a favorite flavor with a favorite flower!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!