Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Bigelow: The Tea, The Blog



Those of us interested enough in tea to read blogs about our favorite beverage are probably, the great majority of us, fans of loose leaf tea. But the truth of the matter is, sometimes loose tea just isn't convenient. You can set up a tea station at the office, but you can't carry around a great deal of tea paraphernalia in your purse. An individually packaged teabag, however, transports very well, so I try to keep a few teabags stashed in my tote at all times.

At the local grocery stores, the choices for flavored teabag teas typically include Twinings, Bigelow, Celestial Seasonings, Lipton and, occasionally, Stash. Most recently I tried Bigelow's Green Tea with Mango. I'm partial to mango-flavored anything, and this tea had a great mango flavor. I also like Bigelow teas because of a) the taste b) the variety and c) the packaging. Celestial Seasonings doesn't even bother to individually wrap their teabags, and I still can't figure out why they think it's a good idea to offer them two at a time as they do. (They make US tear the two teabags apart. Would it really have killed THEM to do this?) The classic flavors of Twinings are always good, of course, but the paper wrappers on their teabags are sometimes loosely fastened, and I like the sealed style packet of Bigelow. (Don't even get me started on Lipton's new silken teabags, which get messy-messy-messy if you try to transport one, spilling dust all over everything.)

Bigelow also gets points for its tea blog. It's straightforward, to-the-point and user-friendly. I like the variety of tea information presented, and I even like to read about the goings-on at the company. For that reason, I have added the Bigelow Tea Blog to my list at right, mainly because I want it to be one click away each day. So today, we happily tip our teacup to Bigelow.

4 comments:

  1. Angela,

    Thanks so much for the mention. Green tea with mango is one of Cindi Bigelow's favorites when iced (she is co-President).

    And thanks for the blog mention. We are all glad that you want to visit often!

    Take care,

    Valorie for Bigelow Tea
    bigelowteablog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela,

    I've been reading your blog for a few weeks now and think it's delightful. Yeah for tea drinkers! Now that you've mentioned it, I'll definitely check out Bigelow's tea blog too.

    I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who loves loose tea but carries teabags with them - mine travel in a flat metal case, along with some packets of stevia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have started to use disposable tea filters to make my own bags with so I can always enjoy my loose tea wherever I am. The bags heat seal and are great for traveling or just making one cup with at the house. I linked the site I buy them at; and speaking of mango tea this
    same site has a great
    mango loose tea
    that I love to ice. Just an FYI from a fellow tea drinker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After Valorie's comment, it dawned on me I should have tried this iced, too. Oh my stars, was this good! It even had a bit of a sweet taste without any sweetener, but with a packet of Sweet 'N Low added this was truly divine. If you like mango, you'll looooooove this iced!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!