Saturday, August 18, 2007

New book: The Tea Experience


It's always fun to add a new book to my tea library, and I just love the one I got this week: "The Tea Experience: Favorite Recipes from Celebrated Travel Destinations" fom Tea Time Magazine ($19.95).

I have visited two of the featured tea rooms, Miss Mable's in Dickson, Tenn. and Gracie's in Montgomery, Ala., so I particularly enjoyed reading these sections of the book. The recipes look pretty yummy, too, and I've already bought the ingredients to make the strawberry bread recipe from Gracie's. There are some 60 recipes in all, and the photography is quite nice.

Because this book is published by Hoffman Media, publisher of Just Cross Stitch and other magazines, I expected this book to be the size and style of their stitchery books I ordered back in the nineties when I was a cross-stitcher. Those were hardback books a little larger in format than a magazine, glossy-covered books with no dust jacket. This book is smaller, about 7-1/2 x 9-3/4 inches, but it's a nice clothbound hardback book with a dust jacket. I'm very pleased with the quality of this book and can't wait to start cooking with it. Oh, and previously they published a book titled "Tea Celebrations" but it is now, alas, sold out. Does anyone out there have this book? Care to comment on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!