Thursday, August 16, 2007

Tea & The Tag Sale

The bad news is, I had too much to do and couldn't get to the first day of the tag sale underway not far from my house. The good news is, I DID get to the second day of the sale, which is half-price day, and found three teatime goodies - for just $2. Can you guess what they were? The first one is something made of paper ...



The next item is something you can use on the tea table, and it's metal ...



And finally something else for the tea table, made of glass ...



OK. Are you finished guessing? Well, here are my bargains: An elegant but orphaned little salt and pepper shaker with a lovely etched glass flower (50 cents), which I'll use as a sugar shaker. The real sugar shaker I had was just huge and wasted lots of confectioner's sugar (for dusting teatime treats). Also: The book "A Cup of Christmas Tea" by Tom Hegg (50 cents). A simple silver candleholder I could see was marked (old silverplate, I presumed), but I got home and it was marked STERLING ($1)! Joy of finding thrifty tea goodies at a tag sale: Priceless.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!