Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Perfect Afternoon Tea Book


I love arriving home to find a package waiting in the mail. Yesterday, there were two! First, and most unexpected, a bundle of Moda's new floral, Shabby Chic looking fabric squares from my thoughtful, fabric-loving friend Kathy. I see a new fall project ahead! One of my dreams is to one day have an armoire full of "table quilts," quilts like Victoria magazine used to feature, the ones they so elegantly used as tablecloths.

The other package I got was from Australia, where I finally located a copy of "The Perfect Afternoon Tea Cookbook." This lovely little 1997 book includes recipes for a variety of teatime treats such as oat cakes, ham and tomato scones, crab and avocado sandwiches, and a banana and ginger teabread that looks especially yummy.

But aside from all the recipes, I have to say I am just in love with this pink and white striped tea set on the cover! This is just about one of the cutest tea sets I've ever seen. Reminds me of Alice in Wonderland or a circus tea party. (The book doesn't include the maker or source of the teaset. Anybody know where I can get one? eBay? Are you listening?)

2 comments:

  1. Good morning,
    It's official, I am definitely a regular at your site. I read your blog EVERYDAY! I have a etiquette and tea business and love to read what your latest find is. I have this same book (it's upstairs in my "tea-themed guest room"). I searched forever for that teaset a couple of years ago and could not find it. Love your blog,
    Miss Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, Miss Janice, and thank you for the kind comments! It's always heartwarming to hear someone is enjoying the blog, and I'm especially interested that you have a tea-themed guest room. What a great idea! (And maybe one day you'll find that pink striped tea set to go in there!)

    Thanks again for visiting!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!