Saturday, October 8, 2011

Tea Sandwich Saturday #41 - Harvest Apple Tea Sandwiches

Several years ago I helped with a church Christmas Tea where we served Harvest Apple Tea Sandwiches. I've been thinking about them all week, so when I got to the grocery store I decided it was time to make some for this week's tea sandwich.

As I recall, we actually used raisin bread to make the sandwiches, and I was reaching for my usual loaf of Pepperidge Farm raisin bread when I saw this "limited edition" Pumpkin Spice flavor! Yum!

These are definitely more about "assembling" since there is no actual cooking involved, but here's what you need:

Harvest Apple Tea Sandwiches

Apples (I used Granny Smith)
Lemon juice
Raisin bread (or other flavored bread)
Creamy peanut butter
Nuts (I used walnuts)

Cut the apple into thin slices and soak them briefly in lemon juice to prevent browning. Spread two slices of bread with peanut butter, then layer with the apples. Once sandwich is assembled, use a bread knife to cleanly slice off the crusts, then cut into triangles.

On two of the triangles, I spread one edge with a thin layer of peanut butter and dipped the edge into chopped walnuts. I can't think of an easier, better or more delicious fall tea sandwich!

11 comments:

  1. The apple tea sandwiches look so pretty and the flavor combination sounds great. I'll have to look for the pumpkin spice bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could go for one of those right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yummy! This is definitely a keeper recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This I have got to try. It looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm, these look good and I love nuts in or on anything. The pumpkin spice bread really adds a nice touch. I would add a cup of pumpkin chai and have the perfect autumn tea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, why have I never thought of this or tried it? This may just be my favorite so far!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! I've made peanut butter and banana. Don't know why I've never tried apple.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got the pumkin spice bread. Was told by the Pepperidge F man that it is only for a limited time.
    And next week they will have a cranberry spice bread (again for a short time).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...I forget where you are located, but to find pumpkin swirl bread or the cranberry as mentioned earlier...how wonderful that would be for tearoom owners!! We aren't that lucky here in Iowa. (FROWN).

    Thanks for sharing!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am going to get some pumpkin swirl bread ! Sounds wonderful ! I hope we have it here !

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds (and looks) DELICIOUS!! Will be trying it soon!!!
    Susan in NC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!