Saturday, June 4, 2011

Tea Sandwich Saturday #23 - Herbed Cream Cheese

The dill I planted last month has made its way to the Pearly Gates, but my Lemon Thyme is faring splendidly, thank you very much! This week I decided I would use some to make a light, herb-flavored cream cheese spread for my tea sandwiches.

Herbed Cream Cheese

1 (3-ounce) block cream cheese
2 tablespoons pecans, finely chopped
1 teaspoon (or more if you like) any fresh herb, and I used Lemon Thyme

Mix all ingredients in food processor until combined well. I cut out tiny little hearts from whole wheat bread (I get six from one slice of bread) and topped the open faced ones with some of the spread and small sprigs of thyme.

Of course you can make it with two slices of bread as well, if you wish. I'm also thinking of trying this with rosemary and walnuts. What herb combinations do you recommend?

6 comments:

  1. That sounds good! Lemon Thyme provides secure a healthy smak.Önskar you a great weekend! Zinnia

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Angela..this sounds yummy. I love a combination of toasted almonds, basil and strawberries with some of your lemon thyme...ohhhh so good. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am printing this out for my finger sandwich folder! Thanks for all these great recipes each week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmm....I planted lemon thyme for the first time this year and was wondering what I could do with it. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy! A herb sandwich I like to serve is with a cream cheese base, softened with a splash of white wine, and then mix in burnett and freshly snipped chives. Oh, tasty. Burnett mimics the flavor of cucumber. It makes such a fresh tasting sandwich. You must grow burnett (and use it fresh)... it is not available dried.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds good. I might like basil too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!