Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tea Clipper Rose - Year Two

I know there are plenty of rose lovers here, so today I just had to share a few photos I took over the weekend of my just-blooming David Austin 'Tea Clipper' rose that was a birthday gift last year. I love that the rose honors the tea clipper ships, those great sailing vessels that once carried our favorite beverage across the high seas. The rose is just stunning and has a fragrance to match. This year, it seems to have a richer color and more petals than last year. They remind me of vintage millinery, or a fancy lady's ballgown, or impressionist art, or ... well, I'll just get out of the way now and let you decide for yourself!









10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I just love David Austin roses and this is a beauty. Next time I go to Heirloom Roses I must see if they have it. We are going to be putting in a rose garden in the front of our house this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Angela...this is so amazing. The petals ruffle out so pretty...it reminds me of frosting! HA! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of a peony. The color is
    a lovely shade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I`m enjoying your blog, Angela. Thanks for the great tea info and pictures. By the way, where do you find the interesting tea books you post about?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Tea Clipper rose is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Lily! As far as tea books, I've had luck finding them at eBay, Etsy, half.com, thriftbooks.com, Amazon's used books, alibris.com, antique malls and yard sales. And I've always got my eyes peeled for one I haven't read before, so holler if you find something fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! That is pretty!! tammyp

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!