Thursday, June 9, 2011

New at Tea J. Maxx

Found some new teas while in T.J. Maxx (which ought to be called Tea J. Maxx) the other day and thought I'd let you know about them in case you want to try them as well! First was this bottle of Mandarin Ginger Oolong Tea from Noyu, a company I've never heard of before. I must say this is one of the best-tasting bottled teas I've come across and definitely the best bottled oolong. The taste is sweet and fruity and reminds me just a bit of grapefruit, interestingly enough. One serving (half the bottle) is only 45 calories, and the first ingredients listed are "water, tea brewed from oolong green tea leaves and pu-er tea leaves with chrysanthemum flowers." It does contain mandarin juice concentrate and ginger, and the sweetness comes from cane sugar. A great treat, and only $1.29 for the 16.9 ounce bottle.

I must confess the pretty blue and brown box design is what attracted me to this Harry and David Pear Vanilla Tea.

This black tea is strong but not bitter, and the pear and vanilla flavors softened it quite a bit. With just a touch of sweetener, this would make a fine dessert tea. It's $1.99 for a box of 10 teabags, and I am quite pleased with both these new teas.


4 comments:

  1. Both teas sound good. Blue and brown is one of my favaorite color combinations and that is a pretty box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the box too...pear vanilla sounds yummy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love checking out home goods and TEA J Maxx (cute) for fun tea stuff. The pear vanilla sounds so so so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pear and vanilla from Harry and David sounds good. I will have to check it out the next time I am at their outlet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!