Thursday, June 16, 2011

Earl Grey Tea & Macaron Sheet Mask

Imagine my surprise when Marilyn, my tea friend in Oregon, told me she'd gotten something for me at a 7/11 store on her recent trip abroad to visit Thailand and Taiwan. I was quite curious to see what it was, because I do love a good surprise. She knows me well because yes, this Earl Grey Tea & Macaron Sheet Mask definitely would have caught my eye!

This box actually held two packets, each containing a sheet mask doused in good-for-you things like black tea, aloe and fruit extracts. It smelled nothing like tea, but it did smell quite good!

I had to grin when I unfolded one of the masks, which my husband described as looking a little "Freddy Krueger-like." The sheet mask is about the weight of a light towelette like you might carry in your purse. With the mask ingredients, it slid right into place on my face (and no, I most certainly did NOT take a picture!). Ahhhh! It felt so good. Since you had to leave it on for 20 minutes, I decided to just lie down and spend that time praying and reflecting, a little soul break I probably needed as much as the mask! And when I was done, I must tell you I was very impressed with how baby soft and smooth my skin felt. So if you're traveling abroad and find a sheet mask like this, try it! (Thanks again, Marilyn. This was FUN!)





6 comments:

  1. Very unique! So nice of Marilyn to think of you while on her fabulous journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have NEVER seen anything like this how fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a unique tea theme souvenir - and it works! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you tried it. I have one more, which I will try one of these day. I also loved that you took the time for prayer and a quiet time. When I saw it I couldn't resist getting them because I know how you like to find unique tea items. Maybe I will give one away at the end of my travel blogs. The girl at the 7/ll actually gave me an extra one that is chocolate truffle. Yes, I think a give away would be perfect to end my stories on Taiwan - probably the end of next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an interesting product. I've never heard of a sheet mask, but it sounds like a neat concept.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is too adorable, Angela!
    I have never seen anything like that - they would be neat to have here! Thanks for sharing, Joanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!