Thursday, June 30, 2011

Decorative & flavored ice cubes

It's not that hard, I know, yet still I don't often go to the trouble of making my own decorative and flavored ice cubes. Over the weekend I did, and the results are so pretty I wanted to share them with you!

My favorite is the mint. The leaves look pretty and retain their shape and color when frozen.

I also tried some rosemary, but it ended up looking a little spiderlike to me!

The blackberries froze well, although some of them (in background) colored the whole cube. Do you like to gussy up your ice cubes for summertime iced tea drinking? If so, what do you use?


6 comments:

  1. Hi Angela,

    Beautiful!

    If you have a moment, please check out my recipe for lavender heart shaped flavored ice cubes. I think you would enjoy making these also.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous...I was just at JoAnns yesterday and saw these CUTE mods for icecubes and ice cube stir sticks that were so cool. Happy day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The simple things are often the best! Love this - they're all great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creative and talented! I am always impressed by your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea. I'll have to try this with the blackberries I picked today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not gussied up my ice cubes in a very long time. When I was a kid I loved to make ice cubes with KoolAid, not that could be good in a tea? Just wondering?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!