Monday, August 24, 2026

A new treat and a new pan


I've been diligently finishing up new novels that are coming out this fall and didn't have time to even visit the grocery store last week. One day, though, I was really craving something sweet, so I decided to make a variation* of my Kitchen Sink Chocolate Chip Pan Cookies (recipe here) that you can whip up and bake all at once on a sheet pan.


It so happened that I'd been meaning to try out a new sheet pan I got at T. J. Maxx recently. I actually needed a new sheet pan, and this one was that pretty pastel green that I like—and a generous size. But would that textured bottom really be a good nonstick surface? There was nothing to do but try it out.


And look how cleanly these cookies slid out of the (ungreased) pan! I was impressed, and I will be looking for another of these pans the next time I'm in T. J. Maxx. Since I had a nice big pan of cookies, later in the week, I decided to try a trick I saw online and cut them into small bite-size round cookies as shown up top. (The baker whose video I watched used the scraps in a creamy layered dessert, which I thought was a fun idea.) Wouldn't these little round cookies be cute on a tea tray? But then, I liked them just fine on my tea-and-toast set.

*For this variation, in place of the chips and nuts, I used 3/4 cup reduced-sugar dried cranberries, 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips, and 3 tablespoons cocoa.

2 comments:

  1. What fun to have a pretty green baking sheet! And I’m glad to know it worked well. Those cookies look delicious, I will definitely be checking out that recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies DO look good! I have used my smallest biscuit-cutter on a pan of brownies before, and they do look cute on a tea-tray. I'm glad your new pan worked so well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!