Monday, October 21, 2024

The flavors of fall


I popped into my local Ollie's store last week, and I was pleased to discover some seasonal Twinings teas for just $1.99 a box. I continue to keep a variety of tea bags on hand for when my six- and seven-year-old neighbors visit for teatime, and the six-year-old had mentioned that he would like to try some pumpkin tea. Done!


Naturally, I had to try the teas myself, so I tested the Pumpkin Spice Chai first. This tea didn't taste bad but wasn't as robust as I'd expected, but that may be just fine for the kids, who probably wouldn't like the super-spicy chais I prefer!


I did, however, find the Spiced Apple Chai surprisingly good, and it had an almost sour-apple taste, which I just love. I've always liked sour-apple beverages and candies, and this tea had a little hint of that. When my six-year-old friend tried it yesterday, he said, "Mm! This is really good!" That was my thought, too, and I was happy to have it seconded. Do you have any suggestions for fall tea bags to add to my stash?

4 comments:

  1. I don't have suggestions, but I think that Sour Apple Chai sounds delicious, and I'm impressed that your young friend thought so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the reviews! Since I have never cared for the sour-apple taste in anything, now I know which tea to avoid. My favorite fall or holiday tea is Harney & Sons "Holiday Heritage" tea, one of their Colonial-Williamsburg-inspired teas. It has a complex flavor which does include apple, along with citrus and spices. It's the best fall/holiday tea that I have ever tried. It's not cheap, but to me it's worth every penny because it's so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always restock the Harney and Sons Cinnamon tea during fall. To me it covers all the fall holidays and Christmas too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are days in the fall when I do want a nice cup of chai. I have some local company loose chai right now on my tea shelf.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!