Wednesday, October 23, 2024

The Christmas magazines have arrived!

I love a pretty magazine more than anyone, I promise you, and I am so happy when the Christmas magazines start to arrive on newsstands. Here are five I wanted to share!


The issue that I most look forward to each year is Flea Market Decor's Holiday Issue. I know I will find lots of yummy ideas, and this year's magazine is no exception. From tinsel trees to Santa mugs and old-fashioned felt stockings, it is brimming with all that kitschy stuff I adore. Alex particularly enjoyed all the festive vintage decor I put out each Christmas, and I am going to make the effort to decorate as much as ever this year and have several friends over to celebrate.


Inspired by this issue, I am toying with doing this on a wall in my house. I certainly have enough plates to be able to do it. Would you?


My favorite cover this season? This Better Homes & Gardens Christmas Classics magazine. Isn't that wreath delightful? This magazine features vintage recipes and vintage Christmas crafts, so this is right up my alley. (And it reminds me of my own Vintage Christmas Cookbook, so those of you who liked that book will enjoy this magazine!)


Country Home always has me wanting to gather pine cones and wire my own greenery. It's definitely a more rustic look than I prefer, but it's such a pretty magazine that I always buy it at Christmas anyway.


Victoria
's Christmas issue is especially pretty this year and features photos of some gorgeous Christmas tables and tea wares.

And the November/December issue of Tea Time arrived yesterday, and I think that White Chocolate, Pistachio, and Cherry Cake on the cover is one of the prettiest Christmas cakes I've ever seen. I do love a nice drizzled icing, and this one is stunning. So what have I left out? Have you read any Christmas magazines I need to add to my list?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, those are pretty! I haven’t gotten in the Christmas mindset yet, as I’m having company next week, but as soon as November cranks up, I’m sure my thoughts will turn to Christmas. I’m glad you plan to decorate as usual this year and I hope it will lift your spirits as it always does mine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!