Friday, July 12, 2024

Tea with Jacqueline

 


You just never know what's going to pop up on the Library of Congress web site. This image is described as "Jacqueline Kennedy, wife of presidential candidate Senator John F. Kennedy, seated at a table with a tea service, during a tea for women journalists." That woman in the background at left is just thrilled to be there, isn't she?

Fashionistas, what do you call this neckline? Is it a variation of a rounded Peter Pan collar? Whatever the case, I agree with those who say she was our most stylish First Lady ever, and I've always admired the classic, feminine style of her clothing.

The photo was taken by photographer Warren K. Leffler on October 5, 1960, and you can find it here.

6 comments:

  1. I don’t know what that collar is called but I agree, Jackie always looked stylish. That’s a great tea picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie Kennedy was such a lovely Lady full of grace and charm. LOVE her style and the clothing she was photographed in. ~d (life on the prairie w/d)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy in northeast IowaJuly 12, 2024 at 2:01 PM

    We always called that a "boat neckline".....sometimes there would be a collar and sometimes it would just be plain. It was something that didn't look good on everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would call it a Peter Pan collar. I agree she was very stylish

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's a really neat photo! Thanks very much for sharing it with us. During that Presidential campaign in 1960, my father drove our family to the airport in Paducah, Kentucky, to see John Kennedy at a rally there. I was 11 years old. I remember seeing JFK, but I don't remember if Jackie was with him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s a portrait collar.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!