Monday, September 11, 2023

My it's-almost-fall tea trolley

It's not yet fall, but it's too late to decorate for summer, so I decided I would compromise and have an it's-almost-fall tea trolley this year.

The main pieces I decided to pull colors from were this harvest-themed teapot and tablecloth, both favorite items that I actually won from former gift shop owner Bernideen on her tea blog some fourteen years ago (she's on other social media now, but some of you will remember her blog). (UPDATED: She's still blogging here!)


Once I noted that the teapot and tablecloth both had some purple/magenta colors, I realized it would be just fine to pull in some rosy hues, like this thrifted "daily bread" plate I found in Wisconsin last year.


And since I haven't yet collected as many brown transfer ware teacups as I would like, I pulled in a few colors that seemed to blend with these other fall colors (including number three on the teacup stand, which is my teacup from Queen Elizabeth's coronation, my nod to the first anniversary of the late Queen's passing). What are your tips for in-between-seasons decorating? I'd love to hear them!



6 comments:

  1. Oh my - I do remember that teapot and table topper! That was long ago for sure. Your cart looks lovely. I still have the same blog as always: Bernideen's TEa Time Cottage and garden at this address: https://bernideensteatimeblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! With all that you were doing on FB, I just assumed you'd dropped the blog, so I updated that bit on my post. Thanks for letting me know!

      Delete
  2. Just lovely, each element ! Really love that dear plate! Happy day you. xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your almost fall tea trolley. I have actually been putting out some touches of Halloween with a few pumpkins here and there. So it is never too soon if you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!