Monday, November 29, 2021

Tea-themed tree #1 is up!

I know some of you probably have the whole house decorated for Christmas by now, but I don't. It takes me a while to ease into Christmas decorating after Thanksgiving, and I've been as late as December 15 in putting up a tree. This weekend, I started going through some of my thrifted finds of the past year and rediscovered a whole new tree that I purchased five months ago at my friend Maxine's moving sale.

She sold me the metal tabletop tree and 25 tea-themed ornaments for $20, and that's probably the best $20 I spent all year.

Some of the ornaments have a cloisonné look, like this pretty blue one with Christmas trees on it.

Lots of the ornaments are Mary Engelbreit designs, and I don't believe any of these are duplicates of other Mary Engelbreits I've collected over the years.

Maxine even included two tiny little English chintz teapots with removable lids, and while they're not ornies themselves, I decided to display them around the base, just as she did.

I'm sure I'll add a few more things to this display to fill it out, but first up was a Santa picture I found on clearance at Kroger, of all places, after Christmas a few years back. So who's finished decorating already? I hope at least some of you are like me and just getting started!

8 comments:

  1. I love this! It lets the ornaments really show up. I've started decorating (while my children and grands were here to help) but I haven't finished. I hope to put the "tea" ornaments on my small tree in the hall this evening. Enjoy the season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful find! I love it! I haven't started my Christmas decorating yet either, but will soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My decorating is an on-going exercise for almost a month. Love your tea themed tree; adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that Santa picture that you got at Kroger's! You never know where you will find something nice. All the little teapot ornaments are very cute, too. I really haven't started decorating for Christmas yet, but I did buy a pretty Christmas cactus at the grocery this morning. It has tons of tiny red buds on it. I love Christmas cacti, and this little one will go nicely with the four that I already have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vernona, do you do that trick of keeping them in the dark for a period before they bloom? I have two, and they have bloomed at New Year's and Easter!

      Delete
  5. Your tree looks nice. We just started decorating and aren’t finished yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love the tree. What a perfect way to display the tea ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tea-themed tree is so cute! I just got a new Victorian Trading Co. catalog and there are some teacup ornaments in it. I don't start decorating for Christmas until after December 1st. I like to savor each holiday one at a time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!