Wednesday, November 17, 2021

An early teatime Christmas gift


I did some Christmas shopping at a friend’s antique store last week, and when I got home, I found that she had tucked a wonderful gift inside the bag for me, these five vintage tea bag caddies!


The old ones are so elegant, but I have very few truly old ones. How did I know these were old?


Because the maker signed them! My first thought: “Erna Murphy ’64? That makes these vintage!” My second thought: “I was born in ’64. That makes *me* vintage. Yikes!” (And didn’t Erna have a pretty signature!)

6 comments:

  1. Those really are very elegant tea-bag caddies, much nicer than the modern ones I have. Erna did a good job in making them. "Vintage" is good, whether it's applied to wines or ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely gift. I had to laugh at your vintage comment. Some things seem like yesterday and then I realize it was 30+ years ago. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! They are lovely!!!!! They match my favorite white and gold china too. They are absolutely beautiful, Angela! What a sweet and kind surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are beautiful! They look vintage. Much more elegant than the ones you find today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet gift! And I'm more vintage than you, so don't worry about it! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!