Monday, November 8, 2021

A taste of teatime at the craft retreat

Last night, I got home from a wonderful four-day craft retreat at the chalets in Pine Mountain, and my mind is definitely filled with happy memories and new craft projects I want to try!


It rained on the trip down but cleared up soon afterward, and this sunny fall weather was what the ten of us enjoyed most of the time, which was great. My local friend Kathy and I went down from Newnan, and the other eight women were Savannah friends Kathy made when she lived there years ago, and after enjoying a retreat with them in March of 2020, I claim them as *my* friends now, too, and I couldn't wait to see everyone again!


Kathy and I decided it would be fun to have a simple "welcome tea" waiting for everyone as they arrived at different times throughout the afternoon, so that's what we did. She even made cute little floral candy treat boxes that were placed above everyone's tea and toast set.


I took my own lace tablecloth and a few tea wares from home (including my new tipping teapot) to dress things up, and everyone seemed so appreciative!

We had homemade chocolate cake slices, pumpkin spice shortbread, and fruit ...


As well as several flavors of mini scones from the grocery store, which were super easy to travel with.


When we got there on Thursday afternoon, the only things I had to "make" were pimiento cheese ribbon sandwiches and teapot-shaped cucumber sandwiches. I served a pineapple and strawberry green tea as well as the Spiced Apple Chai I recently received from Adagio Teas, and while a few ladies liked the green tea, the chai was definitely a hit with the group. So it was nice to know that tea can so easily go on the road, and I was happy to add a little touch of teatime to our craft retreat. On Wednesday, I'll share some of the cards I made and a new tea I enjoyed while there!

8 comments:

  1. The craft retreat sounds wonderful and your tea table is beautiful. What a great way to begin a "girls' getaway" weekend. I'll look forward to seeing your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful and delicious-looking tea-time! The lace tablecloth is such a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I would love a craft retreat and tea time too.
    That sounds and looks so special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crafts and tea, what a great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire what you have done here. I like the part where you say you are doing this to give back but I would assume by all the comments that this is working for you as well.
    Visit my page, if you need to hire virtual assistant

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angela, I love the Welcome Tea you put together, and I was so happy to see the Pine Mountain chalets, because our family traveled there a couple years ago. What a cute downtown - was Blue Ridge Apothecary still open and selling their teas?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful table setting !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!