Monday, November 15, 2021

A tea trolley Thanksgiving


This year, I've found so many great vintage Christmas goodies that I am itching to get started on the decorating. But I'm also hosting my side of the family for Thanksgiving, and I want it to look like Thanksgiving. But this week, I had the great fortunate of buying two vintage ceramic Christmas trees from a local friend who knew I was looking for some at a good price. I got a large green one for $15 and this huge (eighteen-inch) white one for $30, and when I went antiquing later in the week, I was shocked at how much similar trees cost. I liked them but wouldn't have paid $100+ for them, so I lucked out with my friend's great prices. And I'm so enamored of this white tree that I decided I would go ahead and have it grace the Thanksgiving tea trolley.


It was a little plain to start with, though, right? Then it occurred to me that I could pop in *just* the orange, yellow, and white lights, as shown in the top photo, and the problem was solved!


My tea trolley always looks a bit cluttered because I simply don't have the eye for styling that so many others do, but oh well. I like looking at these goodies, like the $1.99 sugar and creamer I found at a Goodwill in Wisconsin over the summer. They will get some use at Thanksgiving!


And my Mackenzie-Childs enamel pitcher, another Goodwill find, has the right color palette as well. So who has been decorating for Thanksgiving? Anyone got their Christmas decorations up yet? No judgment here, and I may just put up a Christmas tree or two by the time Thanksgiving actually gets here!

9 comments:

  1. I love the white tree! I'm so glad you were able to get the trees you'd wanted, at a good price. And the amber creamer and sugar are lovely in your fall display, as is the MC pitcher. I've still got my fall decorations up, will switch over to Christmas on the day after Thanksgiving while my family is here to help me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Thanksgiving Tea Trolley looks so nice! And the Christmas tree doesn't look out of place at all--those orange and yellow lights make it fit right into the Thanksgiving color scheme. I do have an autumn wreath on my front door, and have made several autumn-colored flower arrangements for my apartment, using grocery-store fresh flowers, so those serve as my Thanksgiving decorations. But I'll wait a while before getting out the Christmas things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Thanksgiving Tree and trolley are lovely....and so festive!
    Susan in NC

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lights on your white tree remind me of Candy Corn :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your white tree. I bought a large box of assorted things for $5 at a charity thrift sale and one of the items was a medium-size green tree. I spray painted it white with a pearlescent finish, bought clear lights on Etsy and it was the first C'mas item out this year. (Big tree went up Saturday.)
    What are the roses in your Mackenzie-Childs pitcher made of?
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sheila, and sounds like you had a major score at the charity sale! In my MC pitcher, those are fabric roses I got at T.J. Maxx just because they have script on them. (I love anything with writing on it!)

      Delete
  6. I love how you have turned the tree into a Thanksgiving decoration. Your trolly looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love those ceramic trees also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have same issues here - sure wish the USA celebrated Thanksgiving same time as our Canadian friends do........ours is much too late (way past harvest season, what the heck) and entirely too difficult having just a few weeks between it and Christmas entertaining. It's nuts and I'd do about anything to have it officially changed.

    Your changing out the lights on your incredible tree was brilliant.

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and Advent season, Angela.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!