Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Adagio's Spiced Apple Chai



I don’t object to the early arrival of the Christmas shopping season quite like I used to because, I suppose, if you can’t beat 'em, join 'em. But when I read somewhere this week that fall was over after Halloween, I thought, “Huh?” I’m not ready for peppermint season until after Thanksgiving, and this week, I tried a new Adagio tea that definitely tastes like fall to me.

It’s this Spiced Apple Chai blend they recently sent me to try, and one whiff and you’ll be imagining you're sipping cups of hot cider! This blend contains black tea, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, orange, cloves, apple pieces, apple flavor, and cinnamon flavor. I'd forgotten how much those sweet apple-flavored teas appeal to me in the fall.

And I liked it so much that I had, I believe, six cups of it yesterday, but then I was up late watching the Atlanta Braves win the World Series and needed something warm to sip as I cheered them on. Maybe this will be my new good-luck blend!

5 comments:

  1. That does sound yummy! I'll drink "fall" tea blends all winter. But I drink peppermint tea all year long, I like it iced as well as hot. Go Braves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that tea tastes like hot apple cider, I'm all for it!
    I also watched the Braves last night and was rooting for them. (I'm actually a Cardinals fan, but since they didn't make it to the World Series this year, I was pulling for the Braves.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A further comment--since we each mentioned following the baseball game last night, there IS a current connection between baseball and tea. Bigelow Tea is an official sponsor of both the New York Mets and the San Francisco Giants, and if you listen to their games on the radio (as I often do), during every game you will hear their announcer say that he always has a cup of Bigelow tea before the game. They have also sponsored the Yankees in the past, and their Hall of Fame manager Joe Torre was a big fan of Bigelow green tea and did advertisements for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that's a tea connection I sure needed to know about! Thanks so much, Vernona!

      Delete
  4. What? Fall can’t be over, we finally got cool weather. :-)
    The tea sounds great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!