Monday, October 4, 2021

Some tea-themed decor I've never seen before!


Recently, I got a message from Jackie in Florida letting me know that she enjoyed my blog and had a tea-themed something that she wanted to send me if I didn't mind sharing my snail mail address. I happily sent it, and on Friday, a package landed in my mailbox. Inside was something I've certainly never seen before, a gorgeous framed piece of scherenschnitte art made by a woman named Catherine in her crafting group. Isn't this stunning?


Here's another view. The mother-of-pearl frame is absolutely perfect for showcasing this piece. Can you imagine the work it took to make this? I can just see me getting about halfway through and oops, there go the scissors. Nope. No, thank you. I need more "forgiving" forms of creativity, but boy, do I admire artists who can do this!


I'm still "auditioning" it around the living room, and for the moment, it's on this vintage cabinet where I have candles and a small lamp because I love the white-on-white look. It's always so soothing to me, and it always blends with whatever color palette I have going on at the moment.



Jackie is obviously a paper crafter, too, because she included a beautiful handmade card that I've been studying ever since I received it. I'm especially smitten with the pearls in the center of all those pretty three-dimensional hydrangea petals.

Now, have you all ever seen tea-themed scherensnitte before? I haven't and am thrilled to have this lovely gift. (If you're reading today, thanks again, Jackie!)

7 comments:

  1. I've never seen that, Angela, and it is lovely! What a nice gift for you. And I love the card, too. My sister-in-law made me one with dimensional hydrangeas like that a few years ago, but the addition of the pearls makes it extra special. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very lovely gift and beautiful card! I was in Falmouth MA at a tea room where I saw for the first time tea themed scherensnitte. It was a local artist who was selling them! I wanted them all! I got one for me and two for gifts. Talk about labor intensive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are two very nice gifts! I had never seen tea-themed scherenschnitte before, either. Scherenschnitte looks like a craft that I might like to try someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is impressive. Scherensnitte is a term new to me. I googled to find out more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for showcasing my artwork. I have been cutting parchment paper for the past 30 years or so. I have become more confident over the years and always looking for new intricate patterns and projects .
    I really appreciate your thoughtfulness. Thank you for sharing.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a thoughtful gift. I love seeing paper crafting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!