Monday, May 24, 2021

Racking up some new decor


One of my recent antique mall finds was this $8 teacup rack, which now has a new home in a corner of my small dining room. I'm planning to switch out the teacups each season, and I am so happy to have found this piece.


I don't know about you, but I thought $8 was a great price for this rack. Furthermore, I don't often find these for sale at *any* price, as they're usually marked NFS, meaning Not For Sale. Not long ago, I left a tabletop teacup display stand for just $3 at Goodwill because I have two just like it, but later, I wondered whether I should have gotten it for some teacup-collecting friend who might be in need.


Are sellers just holding on to their teacup displays here in my neck of the woods, or do you see them for sell where you live? If there's a shortage, I'll be happy to be on the lookout for anyone who needs one!

5 comments:

  1. Yes, I think that was a good price! I bought a similar one at The English Rose tearoom in Chattanooga (no longer there, sadly) and I'm sure it was more than $8. Your teacups look lovely in that display.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen a teacup-and-saucer rack before! Your new one looks very nice, and that's a great idea to change the teacups seasonally. You just have to make sure that the rack is firmly anchored to the wall, to avoid any unhappy crashes to the floor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find and excellent price. I’ve never seen them for sale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! It goes so nicely with your picture. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, now why haven't I thought to look at Goodwill or the antique mall for a teacup rack? Now it is on my list as I could use one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!