Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Country Living Vintage Home British Edition Issue #1


So, I have picked up this magazine at Barnes & Noble probably three or four times over the past few months, but I just could not bring myself to pay $24.99 for a magazine. But then I found it second-hand in a local antique mall for just $9.95 over the weekend, and I said yep, I'll do that. When I flipped through it at the store, I did my test of looking for three things I was interested in, and yes, they were there. But when I got home with the magazine … Oh. My. Goodness.

It is packed full of florals, and I absolutely love these plates, which I learned are available here. (I can afford the plates but not the shipping from the UK, alas.)

I had wondered if the magazine would have teacups inside. Boy, did it!

This spread is about shopping for vintage fabrics, but check out the tea wares and the bud vase. Lovely!

And finally, the magazine offers tips on how to shop for vintage "crockery." Now I wish I'd bought this magazine much sooner, and I'll definitely be on the lookout for Issue #2. So if you're like me and kinda chintzy with the magazine purchases, you might want to bite the bullet and get this one. It is absolutely gorgeous!




5 comments:

  1. Ooh, that does look lovely! I'm glad you found this magazine at a reduced price, so you could check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela, Very lovely indeed! Check out Amazon. They have a teal plate temporarily out of stock. Maybe it will return. Also eBay had some. Bon Chance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does look like a very nice issue of that magazine, well worth the $9.95 you paid for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks lovely but $25 is a lot for a magazine. Glad you found it cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, I am going to be checking for this magazine too.
    Yes, shipping is insane from the UK. I started to order from a teashop I love there and when the shipping was as much as the tea I canceled the order.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!