Friday, May 14, 2021

New tea trivets - part two


The old tea trivets are just so, so pretty, and I'm especially happy that my friend Ruth has passed along some of hers. Ruth grew up on an island in Maine, so I can definitely see why this pretty design appealed to her.


Here's a close-up detail. The colors are so soft and quietly elegant. I may have to display this tea trivet somewhere besides under a teapot one day!


And this one? It just made me smile! I've never seen such an ornate tea trivet with frogs on it before! My sister's mother-in-law loves frogs, so the next time she comes over for tea, I'll be sure to use this in honor of her. And speaking of frogs, there's a new little girl in the neighborhood, and when I was on my afternoon walk the other day, she called out, "Hello there, Neighbor!" (I've introduced myself as Angela, so I was rather amused that she addressed me as "Neighbor.") I said hello back, and she asked if I wanted to see her frog. "Sure!" I said. "What's his name?"

"Jerry," she said.

"Jerry." Of course it was. (Some of you will get it. Ha!)

5 comments:

  1. Those are wonderful, each in its own way! And yes, I "got" the Jerry part. We used to have a pond in front of our house, and the bullfrogs' croaking scared my children, so we told them "That's just Jeremiah, saying goodnight." We taught them the song and sang it at bedtime, then they'd yell out the window, "Goodnight, Jeremiah." :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That frog trivet is very funny! I have been happy to see several frogs in "the wild" here in DC this Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree they should be displayed.
    The frogs are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your tea trivet treasures!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!