Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Some great new (to me) tea gifts!


While I'm grateful for any gifts that friends and family are kind enough to share with me, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that some of my favorite gifts often end up being the old ones! I think it's because you can't just go buy these with an Amazon card, and it's always meant a lot to me when someone takes the time to discover something at a thrift store or garage sale with me in mind. And I haven't asked, but I'm betting that's where my fellow treasure hunter and friend Deberah found these goodies, including three tea-themed Christmas ornaments I did not already have. This cheerful "Spot of Tea" ornament is some type of china and quite heavy, and I've never seen one like it before!

This one is pretty in pink, and I love how the teacup is attached.

And Precious Moments! Remember when these sweet Precious Moments figurines were all the rage back in the eighties or so? (I imagine some people still collect them.) I seem to recall cross-stitching a few of these designs back in the day.

And among my other "old" gifts from Deberah was this set of tea-themed decorative plates, which I just love! They're marked "Sakura" on the back, and I'm busy imagining a wall grouping in the dining room.

Or maybe the living room! I've been thinking of taking down a shadow box there that I'm tired of looking at, and these would fit perfectly in that spot.

Hmm … it's fun to have options. And I ask this every year, but it's because I like knowing every year … did any of you receive tea gifts, old or new, for Christmas 2020? I'd love to hear about them!

5 comments:

  1. Those ornaments are darling! Perfect for you, as are the plates. You probably saw my tea themed gifts on the ATAA Facebook page. I think you'd like the colors of the tea-for-one, there are some trees that definitely lean towards aqua blue. I'll be keeping it out all winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are very nice "old" tea gifts that you have! I especially like the plate with the English Breakfast tea on it, with the little bowl of sugar cubes. (I'm a big fan of sugar cubes, and the silver tongs to pick them up with).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some amazing and wonderful Tea gifts that you received for Christmas. I did receive a new cross stitch project that is tea cups in a wreath. I hope to be working on that project soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on all these lovely tea gifts. Enjoy.
    Joan,Marion and Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely. The tea cup on English Breakfast looks like a Royal Albert/Doulton pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!