Wednesday, December 9, 2020

A new tabletop tea tree tradition

 

So I'd been looking forward to using my $1.99 tabletop tinsel tree I found at Goodwill. It's only 14 inches tall, and it perches atop the old typing desk that sits in my office. (I work at a computer desk that is always in various stages of disarray depending on the project, so this pink one gives me something pretty and tidy to look at.) And this year, I'm finally able to use some of those cute mini ornaments I've been collecting!

This year's find was the Hallmark Mini Tea Party Twirl-About Ornament. It is so adorable, and I love that the teacups and mice twirl!

These Santa mug and teapot ornaments were pieces I learned about thanks to my friend Joy, and I'm so glad I got them back when she told me about them. Also, I plan to wear the Santa mug as a charm on a necklace next year if and when I'm able to do speaking engagements again and get to give talks about my new Christmas book. So that "ornament" will double as jewelry!

And this tiny tea tray ornament was a gift from my former coworker Nichole many years ago, so it's the one I cherish most.

All of these pieces are around an inch or so, and I'm in no great hurry to fill up this tree. If I find a new one I like, great, and if they turn up at the antique mall, fine, but until then, I'm very happy to have just a bit of teatime on my "office tree."

Do any of you have tiny trees? I'm wishing I'd made a tree skirt for this one (I'm currently using a doily), so maybe I can come up with a teapot-patterned tree skirt by next Christmas!



6 comments:

  1. Tiny tea tree! Say it fast..very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love your tinsel tree! What a great place for the tiny tea ornaments. I always put mine near the top of my tabletop tree, but they show up so nicely on your smaller tinsel tree. It is certainly perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute tiny tinsel tree! I don't have one, but now I want one. I also like your neat pink typing desk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a few small trees. As far as a tree skirt, we put a small Christmas towel around the bottom of the tree. Have a Blessed and Merry Christmas.
    Joan ,Marion and Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a tiny tree left from college. One of my kids usually puts it in their room during the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought that little Hallmark twirling mice teapot ornament for my grand daughter and gave it to her last week so she could enjoy it on her tree a while, too. Isn't it cute???

    I love your sweet "tea tree!"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!