Friday, September 25, 2020

Nivea Basil & White Tea Refreshing Body Wash

It's been a while since I've come across a new tea product in the cosmetics aisle, so I was happy to come across this new Basil and White Tea body wash from Nivea when I was at CVS the other day. It's a nice big 20-ounce bottle, on sale for $7.99 with $3 in Extrabucks back, which makes the price about equal to the $4.97 you'd pay at Walmart (yes, I looked online when I got home; I know CVS can be expensive).

I took a whiff of this stuff right there in the store, and this yummy body wash smells just like … well, something familiar! I can't remember what it was, but it's the smell of another (possibly tea-containing) product I've used in the past. And since my skin always gets dry in the fall and winter, a "nourishing" body wash with tea sounded like a great idea.

Only when I got home did I check out the ingredients label, and alas, I can't find any actual tea (camellia sinensis) in this product. Sometimes, companies will say a product is "tea-scented," but I've rarely had a white tea that had a scent, and certainly not the bright floral of this body wash. So if, like me, you're drawn to products with tea in them, just know that I can't find that this one has anything but a tea "scent." But I did love the scent when I tried this body wash, and I hope it will be as good a moisturizer as it claims.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting that they show the tea leaf on the front yet it isn't an ingredient. I hope you'll enjoy it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see that it has sweet almond oil in it. I like anything with a scent--even a hint--of almond in it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!