Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Inspiration & Art

At such a trouble-filled time in our nation's history, I pondered whether it's even appropriate to carry on as usual with a tea blog this week. And then I thought yes, yes it is. If we don't have hobbies and pleasures and loveliness and hopes for a happy future, we'll all go mad. So I continue to pray for our country in light of both COVID-19 and our ongoing racial tension, I *vote* (mailed my absentee ballot on Monday since Georgia's primary is next week), and I'm on the lookout for other constructive ways to be part of the solution and not part of the problem. So on that note, I wanted to share with you a bit of happy mail that arrived at my house recently. It was the May/June/July issue of the mixed media journal Somerset Studio, and I never cease to be amazed at the creativity within. I also find it interesting that while the cover sort of looks like it's crying, there's a beautiful turquoise background and a beautiful pink rose spray up top. Fitting, eh?

I really, really love this altered tag set by Diane Adams since it features vintage postcards. (How about one with tea quotes, maybe? I think this project is in my immediate future.)

And then I saw this bit of chalk-art lettering and had to smile at the wording.

Finally, this simple, wise message is one that never grows old, does it? Just what I needed.

4 comments:

  1. Angela, Thank you for continuing with your blog. It is always inspiring to read, a real day brightener especially now. And yes, "just love and be loved" for love is the greatest gift we can give and/or receive.
    In friendship, Janet P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela, Not sure my post went through. I am always inspired by your blog. It is a real day brightener. And a definite 'YES' to "Just love and be loved!" There is no better gift we can give and/or receive.
    In friendship, Janet P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much, Angela, for helping us keep up our spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love this magazine, but rarely buy it because of the cost. Usually I buy it when browsing at Barnes and Noble, but not browsing these days.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!