Friday, June 5, 2020

In observance of National Iced Tea Month


 
In observance of National Iced Tea Month, I reached into the dark corner of my kitchen cabinets and pulled out the one remaining true "TEA" glass of the four I bought many years ago. Can you see the word "TEA" on the front? Around that band, it also says Thé, Tee, and TE'. I bought a set of four of these glasses more than a decade ago at a World Market store, but alas, three of them have gone on to Glory.

And what type of iced tea am I sipping? I'm so glad you asked! One thing I love about iced tea is that I can happily experiment with blending teas I probably wouldn't otherwise consider combining. Here, I had some rose tea a friend had given me (mostly dried rosebuds, actually), and I added some gunpowder green tea and really enjoyed the blend.

And the mint seeds I planted a few weeks ago? They're in a pot (I listened to those of you who told me how invasive mint is!), and they're already coming up like crazy, with a few of them large enough to add to my rose-flavored iced green tea. Are you celebrating National Iced Tea Month? If so, have you got an iced tea to recommend?

6 comments:

  1. Your rose mint iced green tea looks refreshing! Thanks for pointing out the word 'tea' on the glass... I would have missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your success with the mint seeds! You'll be enjoying fresh mint in your iced tea soon. I rarely drink iced tea myself, but last summer, when I ordered some hot tea bags from Harney & Sons, they included a free sample of one of their iced tea bags. The flavor was "passion fruit" and it was really quite good! So that is one that I can recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do enjoy tea "iced" too. I love that glass. I think it makes the iced tea even more enjoyable! I haven't met a flavored iced tea I didn't enjoy. Donna z ��

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m glad your mint is growing nicely. I’ve been enjoying a loose fruity green tea that I bought at Harris Teeter grocery store. It’s their brand and very good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you put the mint in a pot. Your ice tea sounds good. Mainly I use what loose teabags I have and mix with black Red Rose tea. I just finished off some Darjeeling teabags too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do enjoy my iced tea in the summertime. I need to start a pot of mint, I love putting it in my iced tea. Yours is looking good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!