Monday, May 4, 2020

Weekend crafting with Stampin' Up

Much as I love making cards, I am very bad about actually sitting down to complete them by the time a friend's birthday rolls around. But since I have two close friends with a birthday this week, and I'm still not ready to go hit the stores just yet, I knew I needed to make a few cards this weekend. This one is for my friend Ruth, who is turning 81!

The colors are a little off on my computer, but in real life, the pinks blend beautifully, and I think Ruth will like this card. I enjoyed stamping and die cutting all the little rose buds to fill this teacup. And I wanted to mention that if any of you want this stamp and die set, it appears to still be available from Stampin' Up online, but since they release a new catalog in June, you might want to look at this now. (And if you don't have a demonstrator, you can use my friend Kathy and find the stamps and dies on her Stampin' Up page here. She didn't ask me to say that, by the way, but I always like to be able to make a purchase without having to find a demonstrator, and some of you may feel that way too.)

And since I had those teapot and teacup stamps handy, I went ahead and tried an idea I found on Pinterest, which was to stamp the designs onto patterned paper. I liked the result and decided to go ahead and make a thank-you card while I was at it.

And I don't think the friend this card is for is reading the blog lately (she works in the medical field and has had her hands full, to say the least), but I enjoyed making her a paper "cake" since she is well-known for making cakes for others. (If you like that "Happy Birthday to You" stamp set, it's sold out at Stampin' Up, but you can find it for sale from a few eBay vendors at the moment). So in addition to card making this weekend, I knit a dish cloth, worked on a needlepoint pillow, took several nice walks, and enjoyed some Chinese takeout.

By my count, I'm entering my eighth week of "sheltering at home," and while I know the country has to get back to work sometime, I'm enormously grateful I get to work from home. So how about you all? Going stir crazy yet? Making cards or knitting or taking long walks? I like hearing what you friends are up to!




2 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful cards! I especially like the "Thank You" one, with the stamped designs on printed paper.
    Since I am a city apartment-dweller, I don't have my own yard to go out into to get some fresh air and sunshine. Luckily I live near the beautiful Washington National Cathedral, which has a very nice Bishop's Garden and a woodland path through the Olmsted Woods. So almost every day I take an hour-and-a-half walk through the garden and woods, and enjoy all the gorgeous flowers, trees, and birds. When back in my apartment, I bake goodies for tea time, e-mail my sisters and friends, and read a lot (mostly history, Georgette Heyer, and 19th-century literature). I keep looking through my cookbooks to find interesting things to make. Since I'm an introvert anyway, I'm not going stir-crazy, since I am used to enjoying my own company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! Your friends will love them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!