Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Salada's Citrus Medley Green Tea

Now that a trip to the grocery store has become the retail equivalent of a day at the mall, I simply had to find a new box of tea to try when I was in Ingles on Saturday. I'd often thought about trying Salada tea, so I purchased a box of their Green Tea Citrus Medley blend. I'm not bothered by caffeine, but this flavor of Salada tea happens to be decaffeinated, which may appeal to those of you looking to avoid caffeine.

I'm always happy to see tea bags in individual packets. If I like the tea, I can share it when sending cards to tea-loving friends.

When I sipped the tea, I was expecting just lemon and orange flavors, so I was surprised to discover a bit of a sour taste. Then I looked at the box and realized that I'd overlooked the lime. And then I read the ingredients, which include grapefruit juice concentrate, so perhaps that's the sour note I detected. It was fine as a hot tea, but I suspected I would like this tea even better over ice. Instead of making a whole pitcher of iced tea (which involves a bit of a commitment), I've started putting a single tea bag in a glass of water in the refrigerator to cold-brew overnight. As I suspected I would, I liked this tea even better over ice, and this will be a nice spring and summer tea to have on hand. I believe this was my first time trying a Salada tea. Are any of you familiar with this brand?

3 comments:

  1. This actually sounds delicious, but I'm supposed to avoid grapefruit juice due to a medication interaction, so I guess I won't be trying it. You enjoy it for both of us, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That DOES sound like a refreshing ice tea! I don't think I've seen that brand here in Washington, DC. I do remember it from my childhood, many decades ago, in Kentucky. We were not a tea-drinking family, though, so I don't remember ever trying it. I see from Wikipedia that the company was founded in 1892 in Montreal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great iced tea for a hot day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!