Friday, May 15, 2020

Recommended reading: "London in Bloom" by Georgianna Lane

A lot of travel plans have gotten canceled for this spring and summer, so if we want to go abroad, many of us must settle for being armchair travelers for a while. I can't help thinking about that as I've gazed longingly at the beautiful pages of a new picture book that recently arrived, London in Bloom by Georgianna Lane. Lately, I find that I can consume only so much of the news before I get antsy and want to move on to more pleasant thoughts. And I can't imagine having anything but lovely thoughts while looking through this charming book.

Since the topic was London, I wasn't terribly surprised to find a teacup pictured in the book.

I was, however, surprised to see such a great collection of chintz wares!

And oh, how I'd love to go visit this petal-pink telephone booth! Wouldn't you? This book is brimming with roses, which I'm quite passionate about, and if you are, too, you might want to get a copy. Outside of Mother Nature herself, this book is absolutely the prettiest thing I've looked at in months. What about you? Where are you going these days when you need a beauty break?

6 comments:

  1. That book certainly looks beautifully cheerful, just what we need right now!
    I get my "beauty break" daily by walking up to the National Cathedral grounds. Today I saw lots of gorgeous peonies, irises, big purple alliums, and roses of many colors (the lilac-colored ones smell the best). And I get my audio beauty by listening to classical music all day on my radio (with only a few necessary periodic breaks for news).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a wonderful beauty break indeed! I especially love peonies and rarely see them here in Georgia, it seems.

      Delete
  2. What a perfect post for this time. I know I must remove some of the negativity from my view, it is breaking my heart and soul. I most often go to Instagram for beauty, then my Victoria magazine (whatever is current) is sitting by my breakfast place. Also dropped the New York Time and have found Katie Couric's coverage of the news is a bit better for my heart. She always has something to smile about. This book has tempted me. Loving chintz ware, hummm?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where I am going for a beauty break? Why, your blog, of course! WOW- that book is the perfect Mother's Day book, isn't it? I think I may need to look for it. My coffee table's books are all memorized. Thanks for the suggestion, dear friend. Hugs. Miss you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps

    You should link to a seller like Amazon and get credit for any sales that come your way.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!