Friday, April 12, 2019

Tea-themed Easter postcards and springtime decor

So now that I'm looking for new vintage Easter postcards, I've had fun looking back over some of the ones I've acquired over the years. Little yellow chicks seem to be the main theme, and that blue teapot shows up in quite a few designs as well.

I like to look at my postcards, and I also like to decorate with them, putting some in frames to keep out on display. Vintage postcards are simply miniature works of art to me, and they're quite affordable, as art goes!

I've seen that a few tea friends are decorating for spring with violet-patterned tea wares, a look I love, and at my house, I find myself pulling out anything that has a sunny yellow or pastel flower on it. Do you have spring decor or tea wares out at your house? I'd love to know!

5 comments:

  1. Love the postcards! We're switching from violets to Easter on the table tomorrow since my daughters will be here Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pulled all my violet tea ware, decorated my dining room table and buffet. Lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cards are so cute! I hove the two with the funny chicks having tea picnics, and the card with the chicks and forget-me-nots is also very sweet.
    I have two pretty Easter-themed embroidered tablecloths that I bought in Austria, and I bring them out at this time of year. I also collect egg cups, and one favorite has a pink bunny sitting on it, and I like to use it at Easter-time. I also especially like to use my Wedgwood "Wild Strawberry" china in Spring-time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cards. I don’t see many Easter cards being sent these days. We should bring back the tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good day !!
    We are Christian Organization formed to help people in need of help,such as
    financial assistance, Do you need a loan to pay your bills? Do you need
    Personal Business Car or Student loans? Need a loan for various other
    purposes? If yes contact us today.
    Please these is for serious minded and God fearing People.
    Email: (jacksonwaltonloancompany@gmail.com)
    Text or call: +1-586-331-5557.
    Address is 68 Fremont Ave Penrose CO, 81240.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!