Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Roses as a theme …

The nice thing about collecting teawares with roses on them is that everything you love matches. Always. So when my friend Ann gave me these gorgeous pieces that belonged to her mother, I had no doubt I would find plenty at home to use them with. I definitely was not about to turn down this beautiful handled plate with pink, yellow, and white roses on it!

There were also two orphaned cups that she said I was welcome to find a use for.

The pink one was a pretty footed model, and …

The interior is stunning, so we both agreed it needs to be displayed where this will show.

I use the small (2-1/2-inch or so) cups like this to hold safety pins and other tiny items in my bathroom. But what struck me, as I unwrapped all these pieces once I got home, is how pretty everything looks together. And that's no surprise, I guess, when they all feature roses, is it?



9 comments:

  1. The eye brings you to the roses. The colors are similar so its like a garden but on dishes. Very pretty. You can never go wrong with roses.
    Christy in Tulsa

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of the prettiest teacups you have posted! Love how delicate it looks on those feet. In nature, roses are one of many of God's works of art. These pieces are wonderful reminders of that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That plate is gorgeous! And so are the teacups. I'm sure you'll find good uses for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some more treasures I see! Wonderful! The plate is so lovely Angela. I have lots of plates around on the walls (or at least did before they were packed to move). I always buy single cups and put them together on tea cup wreaths. I don't like the fu fu ones with beads and feathers but just simple with greenery and wild.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you! It's usually the cups that get broken. I have no doubt that you'll find suitable saucers for the teacups. All three pieces are simply lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful roses! Love, love that plate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful collection. Loved the comment that it's like a garden, but on dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning. I've been looking at fabric with roses this week. We both must have roses on our mind.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!