Thursday, January 20, 2011

Trident Vitality with white tea

Are you a gum chewer? I'm not, usually, but I was standing in line at Kroger the other day and after I got through reading all the tabloid headlines I started scanning the packages of chewing gum. That's when I saw this new Trident Vitality gum which contains mint and white tea, so naturally I had to try it.

Have you noticed there is a mind-boggling array of chewing gum flavors today? Gone are the days when it was pretty much just Juicy Fruit (my favorite) and Wrigley's Spearmint and Big Red. Apparently Trident's Vitality is a new product line, and "Rejuve" is the name of the mint and white tea flavor. I checked the package, and this gum does indeed contain white tea extract. (And did you know Trident is a division of Cadbury? Now if they could make chewing gum taste like Cadbury's chocolate Easter eggs, THAT would be something I'd stand in line for!)

The chewing gum was good and it did have a little extra something along with a nice mint flavor, although I thought that $1.29 for nine little ole pieces of gum was a bit much. Perhaps I'm just paying for the fancy silver packaging. (I LOVE how the box closes!) But will you satisfy my curiosity on one point, friends? I am betting that most tea drinkers are not big gum chewers, mainly because we'd rather be sipping tea than chewing gum. Am I right?

7 comments:

  1. You are right! I don't chew much gum because I am usually sipping tea. I have discovered many chewing gums in the checkout lane are "sugar free." Artifical sweeteners are off-limits for me, so I by-pass the gum, with or without tea!

    However, like you, I am a magazine junkie and spend my time in the check-out line reading the tabloid and magazine headlines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No gum for me either, even though I might be tempted to try this one. B-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a big gum chewer. I'm glad I'm not the only one who scans the tabloid headlines at checkout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I am a huge gum chewer and will have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't usually chew gum either, but since I tried this, I am hooked. In fact I asked my kids to make sure there was some in my Christmas stocking.

    They really had a hard time finding it - Costco and WalMart don't sell it anymore.

    I hope Trident does not stop making it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't usually chew gum either, but since I tried this, I am hooked. In fact I asked my kids to make sure there was some in my Christmas stocking.

    They really had a hard time finding it - Costco and WalMart don't sell it anymore.

    I hope Trident does not stop making it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!