Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Tasting Honest Tea

The other day at Kroger, I spotted two new flavors of Honest Tea that needed tasting.

Now it turns out that, actually, I had indeed tried the Half & Half flavor before, but I didn't realize it because the packaging has been updated. As before, I greatly enjoyed this drink that's a blend of half organic tea and half lemonade. "Just a tad sweet," it says, and it is! It's sweetened with organic cane sugar, and I like that the whole 16.9-ounce bottle is 1 serving of only 100 calories. I can remember drinking bottled teas in the past and discovering, to my dismay, that I had just sipped the equivalent of a candy bar!

Honest Tea also gets points for their packaging and descriptions, which are quite clever. Look at the large "T" here. Did you notice how it's showing an old-fashioned jar of sweet tea? I love that. I also like that they call it (not too) Sweet Tea. And again, it's 100 calories for the whole bottle of tea. I'll be taking a road trip soon, and I hope to pick up some more Honest Tea along the way. Honestly!

6 comments:

  1. I like their creative branding. And the flavors are good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela!

    I have never purchased bottles tea before, I will have to look for that. We have Krogers here, too....though I truly nearly never drink sweet tea.

    We have various lemonade/tea drinks here and make them at home in the summertime, but we call them "Arnold Palmers." We're super big golf communities here - we h ost the Memorial PGA Tournament here, a huge huge huge televised event....not su re if any other areas call them Arnold Palmers?

    Have a wonderful day- and safe travels when you are going in the near future - hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually shy away from bottled teas but these sound good. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It amazes me how you always find, buy, and try every kind of tea product you find. Thanks for the review. Definitely would not the sweet one, but the other maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to give these a try. I've gotten hooked on Pure Leaf bottled teas and really like those.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!