Saturday, October 29, 2011

Tea Sandwich Saturday #44 - Pear & Gorgonzola

This week I wanted to try a pear and cheese pairing of some sort, and what I ended up making was so easy it's almost a stretch to even call it a recipe! I simply creamed butter and Gorgonzola cheese, then spread it onto slices of bread and topped it with super-thin slices of a Bartlett pear that I got by using a vegetable peeler!

I used white bread to make open-faced sandwiches, topping them with a few crumbles of the cheese as a garnish.

I used that Very Thin Pepperidge Farm whole wheat bread to make stacked sandwiches, which I then cut into rectangular fingers. I love the salty bite of the Gorgonzola paired with the light sweetness of the pear.

Pear & Gorgonzola Tea Sandwiches

2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
2 heaping tablespoons Gorgonzola

Blend well and you're done! This small amount yielded enough spread for seven tea sandwiches, and yes, I ate one that didn't quite make it on the plate! If you used an entire stick of butter and a 4-ounce container of Gorgonzola, you should have plenty for a tea party.

10 comments:

  1. Your tea sandwiches look yummy. pear & Gorgonzola is a great flavor combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM !!!! I love gorgonzola cheese and pears. Crasins are also very tasty with this combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I've got all the ingredients so I'll have this one with tea later today. I just love pears with blue cheese or with goat cheese. YUM! Thanks Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pears are in season here - a perfect fall "pair!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummmm! Pear and Gorgonzola is always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delicious idea, yum!
    Pears are so delicious, thanks for sharing your creative recipe, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always liked a pear and cheese together but have never thought to put them into a sandwich.
    Mmm, sounds delicious.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum, they look delicious! What a perfectly simple and yet sophisticated treat :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this looks and sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!