Saturday, October 29, 2011

Tea Sandwich Saturday #44 - Pear & Gorgonzola

This week I wanted to try a pear and cheese pairing of some sort, and what I ended up making was so easy it's almost a stretch to even call it a recipe! I simply creamed butter and Gorgonzola cheese, then spread it onto slices of bread and topped it with super-thin slices of a Bartlett pear that I got by using a vegetable peeler!

I used white bread to make open-faced sandwiches, topping them with a few crumbles of the cheese as a garnish.

I used that Very Thin Pepperidge Farm whole wheat bread to make stacked sandwiches, which I then cut into rectangular fingers. I love the salty bite of the Gorgonzola paired with the light sweetness of the pear.

Pear & Gorgonzola Tea Sandwiches

2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
2 heaping tablespoons Gorgonzola

Blend well and you're done! This small amount yielded enough spread for seven tea sandwiches, and yes, I ate one that didn't quite make it on the plate! If you used an entire stick of butter and a 4-ounce container of Gorgonzola, you should have plenty for a tea party.

10 comments:

parTea lady said...

Your tea sandwiches look yummy. pear & Gorgonzola is a great flavor combination.

Kiffer said...

YUM !!!! I love gorgonzola cheese and pears. Crasins are also very tasty with this combo.

SOUTHERN TOUCH CATERING, INC. said...

Oh, I've got all the ingredients so I'll have this one with tea later today. I just love pears with blue cheese or with goat cheese. YUM! Thanks Angela.

Steph said...

Pears are in season here - a perfect fall "pair!"

Marilyn said...

Yummmm! Pear and Gorgonzola is always a good thing.

Anonymous said...

What a delicious idea, yum!
Pears are so delicious, thanks for sharing your creative recipe, Joanie

Lavender Cottage said...

I've always liked a pear and cheese together but have never thought to put them into a sandwich.
Mmm, sounds delicious.
Judith

Victorian Garden Tea Room said...

Yum, they look delicious! What a perfectly simple and yet sophisticated treat :)

Ginger said...

yum!

ChaChaneen said...

Oh this looks and sounds delicious!