Saturday, October 22, 2011

Tea Sandwich Saturday #43 - Dill & Crab Salad

Isn't it funny how our taste buds can shift gears at a moment's notice? My fixation with pumpkin flavors has gone bye-bye, and this week I wanted something savory and decided to look for a new seafood salad recipe.

One of the great things I've learned during this year of tea sandwich experimentation is that it's perfectly OK to look up recipes on the internet or in magazines and then add and subtract ingredients at will. Once I noticed that the basic ingredients in many seafood salads are imitation crabmeat and mayonnaise, I realized that endless variations can be made. I liked the sound of dill, so that's what I focused on in this recipe.

Dill and Crab Salad

8 ounces imitation crabmeat
1/2 teaspoon dried dill
1/4 teaspoon dried minced garlic
1-1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh onion
Dash of white pepper
1/4 cup mayonnaise
Salt to taste

Place all ingredients in bowl of food processor and process until mixture reaches desired consistency. Tastes great served on sourdough bread! Yields 1 cup.

7 comments:

  1. Oh Angela, this sounds yummy! I love seafood and this is another keeper recipe. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious, and would be very pretty on a tea plate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dill & crab salad looks delicious. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummm! I love dill in tea sandwiches and often use it in my cucumber sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Angela!

    I saw you on the sidebar over at Judith's Lavender Cottage & your recipe intrigued me. It really sounds delicious & I am in the process of drying all my summer dill crop, so I could easily whip this up.

    I LOVE the pink depression glass plate you've used in the photo! I have some from my mother & have done a few tablescapes with them. I'm going to poke around your pretty blog to see if I can find more of yours on display.

    Nice to meet you!
    fondly,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I make something similar with the addition of chopped cooked shrimp.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Angela, oh I like this recipe -
    sounds delicious! Love your photos too, Joanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!